|BEAUTIFUL TERENGGANU 2017|
SINGAPORE EXPO HALL 4A, CHANGI
I love Terengganu... for their food, culture, people, beaches, islands, heritage, shopping, food and more food. I believe my love for Terengganu comes more to their food hahaha... So when Terengganu was going to make it's way to Singapore, it was really exciting to see what is in store for all of us.
11th - 14th August 2016, 'BEAUTIFUL TERENGGANU 2017' was on exhibition at Singapore Expo Hall 4A, Changi. Organised by Terengganu State Government and Terengganu Tourism Board, it will not be complete if there wasn't any ceremony to the launching of the exhibition right?
- TOURISM BRIEFING & LEISURE MEET WITH SINGAPORE TOURISM PLAYERS, 10 Aug 2016 @ 7.30pm, Agro Bazaar Malaysia, Sultan Gate, Singapore. Officiated by Deputy Chairman for Tourism & Culture Committee of Terengganu.
- OPENING CEREMONY BEAUTIFUL TERENGGANU IN SINGAPORE, 13 Aug 2016 / 4.30pm, Singapore Expo Hall 4A, Changi, Officiated by The Right Honorable Menteri Besar of Terengganu.
|BEAUTIFUL TERENGGANU 2017 BOOTH|
SINGAPORE EXPO HALL 4A, CHANGI
BEAUTIFUL TERENGGANU 2017
BEAUTIFUL TERENGGANU 2017, actually promotes Terengganu through participants who are Entrepreneurs, Tourism Players and Government linked companies from Terengganu, Which was held both at Singapore Expo Hall, Changi and the Agro Bazaar Malaysia, Sultan Gate. Both a weekend getaway for us shoppers, family outings and also tourist attractions in Singapore. They had programmes line up such as,
- Consumer Show
- Trade Show
- Terengganu Kitchen (Traditional Food and local fruits, my favourite hahaha)
- Cultural Performances,
- Traditional Games
- Travel Mart
|ALL THE PAKCIK'S READY FOR CULTURAL PERFORMANCES|
|FRESH FROM TERENGGANU|
Through BEAUTIFUL TERENGGANU 2017, it gives us, Singapore Visitors, an opportunity to see, feel and experience the uniqueness of Terengganu Arts, Culture and Heritage. It does also creates opportunity and business networking amongst entrepreneurs especially from the southern states as well as Singapore. I see it as a boost to also promote Terengganu's Medium and Small Industry products (SMEs).
WHAT TO EXPECT OUT OF BEAUTIFUL TERENGGANU 2017
What to expect? As usual, it will involve exhibitions, promotions, demonstrations and sales of products from Terengganu's Small and Medium Entrepreneurs (SME). The SMEs, had promotional of special products such as the Terengganu Sweet Melon, Roselle products as well as Natural Honey products. I was told that about 28 entrepreneurs was arranged according to category, agriculture, craft and heritage, textiles and services for these campaign alone.
OTHER DEMONSTRATION AND PERFORMANCE:-
I like to attend booth demonstration, you get to see and try at hand as well. Normally at demonstration corner, you can get to try and experience
- Batik Canting (batik making process with a tool called canting),
- Songket weaving (this is beautiful, I had a hand to try a very long time ago, don't know if they still do this traditionally),
- Traditional Wood Carving (one need to have patience, eye of seeing and creativity to do this),
- Handicrafts Weaving (I like the easy ones hahaha the one call tikar mengkuang),
- Demonstration of Silat Kura-Kura (Tortoise) a kind of martial arts,
- Gasing Terbang (flying tops hahaha I believe I nearly hit the person who taught me to do this last I visited Terengganu),
- Cultural performances like Ulek Mayang, Rodal and Gamelan (I love gamelan music, very calming and soothing to the ears)
|KETUPAT PALAS, TRADITIONAL FOOD|
|DEEP FRY SQUID|
Accommodation and travel packages is a MUST in any exhibition hahaha... and some you can actually bargain for good price and packages. So expect various travel agencies and hoteliers in Terengganu showcasing and promoting their value for money tour and accommodation packages. Such as
- Island Holiday Packages
- Lake Kenyir Packages,
- Student Packages,
- Trail Packages
- Setiu Wetlands Packages
- Islamic Packages
- River Cruise
- Eco-tourism Packages
It's a very productive way to promote BEAUTIFUL TERENGGANU 2017 this way. It actually gets us consumer some knowledge off-hand, right in front of us, what we will be investing for our next holiday and what is expected during our travel. I have visited Terengganu twice before and it was like way back in 2009 and 2010. And my memories were food, beaches, heritage (and food you should try their Sata, Keropok Lekor which some you get to see them process fresh in front of us, and the seafood deep fry dish... ok it's already making me hungry hahaha). I also got to see the boat making, the Taman Warisan and more. But with 3 days and lot's to see hahaha I didn't manage to complete my trip.
I will make it a MUST TO DO for BEAUTIFUL TERENGGANU 2017 next. So wait for my next travel blogging on Terengganu okay?
You can also visit the links below for more information on BEAUTIFUL TERENGGANU 2017.