|CITRAWARNA @KUALA LUMPUR 2016|
24th to 25th SEPT 2016
DATARAN MERDEKA, CHILLAX ZONE
CITRAWARNA was introduced in 1999 to promote and celebrate Malaysia's art, nature and culture. It has become a yearly event in May but was change to October in 2015. It had always been known to bring vibrant street parade or street performances in Malaysia. Changes started in 2015 when CITRAWARNA decided to bring it to the huge stage instead.
These year's theme is an exciting one for me as it is something that I have always love since young age. It's 'Myths and Folklore' in street performances based on myths and tales of popular legends in every states in Malaysia.
Officiated by Ybhg. Datuk Rashidi Hasbullah, Deputy Secretary of Tourism and Culture Malaysia, held at Malaysia Tourism Centre, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, mention that myth, legend and folklore are a form of marketing tool for a destination as the stories provide a unique and special character to a destination, thus, attracting tourists to visit.
'In term of tourism context, telling the stories of myth can also give inspiring and exciting experience for tourists, especially when it is associated with mystical powers or even tragic scenario. CITRAWARNA @KUALA LUMPUR 2016 will provide a different experience where the visitors can learn and witness our local myths and legends closer,' he added.
|Ybhg. Datuk Rashidi Hasbullah, Deputy Secretary of Tourism and Culture Malaysia|
Best part is most of the stories are stories I grew up with. Among the stories of myths and legends chosen to be performed during the CITRAWARNA @KUALA LUMPUR 2016 are:-
- Kedah - ‘Merong Mahawangsa’
- Pahang - ‘Lagenda Tasik Chini’
- Selangor - ‘Upu Chendera’
- Negeri Sembilan - ‘Sang Kelembai’
- Johor - ‘Puteri Gunung Ledang’
- Terengganu - ‘Bukit Puteri’
- Melaka - ‘Hang Tuah’
- Perlis - ‘Jentayu’
- Kelantan - ‘Cik Siti Wan Kembang’
- Pulau Pinang - ‘Iktisyaf (Pertemuan)’
- Perak - ‘Anak Panah Perak’
- Sabah - ‘Kuminodun Puteri Nabah’u
- Sarawak - ‘Tugau’
* For additional show, there will be showcase performances from various ethnic groups like Chinese, Indian, Thai and 'Orang Asli'
|Myths & Folklore Street Performances from all States|
CITRAWARNA @KUALA LUMPUR 2016 will have two segments
- 24th - 25th September 2016
- 4.30pm to 11.00pm
- Buskers Performances,
- Coffee Corner,
- KL Food Truck Fiesta,
- Sales from strategic partners
- 25th September 2016
- 8.00 pm
- Street Performances of Myths and Folklore
- Concert By local artist Ayda Jebat, Datin Alyah, Band Aweera, Sissy Faith and Payslip.
* LRT services will be extended until 1.00am on 25th September 2016.
CITRAWARNA @KUALA LUMPUR 2016, STRATEGIC PARTNERS
- Starbucks Malaysia
- Green Life Landscape
- LanBaharin Kuala Lumpur
- Josh Lee Fragrances
- Teratak Spa
- GayaTravel Magazine
- Che Din MaticFM Food
- Matic FM
STARBUCKS is also introducing Starbucks Malaysia Relief City Mugs as official souvenirs for CITRAWARNA @KUALA LUMPUR 2016. Designs is inspired by local landmarks or monuments, flora and fauna and cultural values. Available in all 211 Starbucks cafes throughout the country and you can get them at Starbucks booth during CITRAWARNA @KUALA LUMPUR 2016 from 24th to 25th September 2016.
For information please visit